Thursday, June 9, 2016

Just Because Poem

Be as descriptive as possible when expressing your feelings. Try to go beyond the stereotypes and express the person you are inside.

Line 1 – Just because I’m ____________
Line 2 – It doesn’t mean _____________
Line 3 – Doesn’t _____________
Line 4 – Doesn’t _____________
Line 5 – Should be your strong statement, what you want the reader to understand about who you are

*Repeat format for another two stanzas.


Just a Girl
by: Edna Soave

Just because I am a girl,
It doesn’t mean I’m weak,
Doesn’t mean I’m not good enough,
Doesn’t mean I shouldn’t be treated the same,
I am just as worthy as my boy peers.

Just because I am a girl,
It doesn’t mean I am not smart,
Doesn’t mean I’m too emotional,
Doesn’t mean I’m not talented,
I am complex and well-rounded.

Just because I am a girl,
It doesn’t mean I can’t love and play sports,
Doesn’t mean I can’t play rock n’ roll,
Doesn’t mean I can’t like dresses and makeup,

I am who I want to be not who you think I should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment