Thursday, June 9, 2016

I Am Poem

Line 1 – I am (two special characteristics) 
Line 2 – I wonder (something you are actually curious about) 
Line 3 – I hear (an imaginary sound)
Line 4 – I see (an imaginary sight) 
Line 5 – I want (an actual desire) 
Line 6 – I am (the first line of the poem repeated)

Line 7 – I pretend (something you pretend to do)
Line 8 – I feel (a feeling about something imaginary)
Line 9 – I touch (an imaginary touch)
Line 10 – I worry (something that really bothers you)
Line 11 – I cry (something that makes you very sad)
Line 12 – I am (the first line of the poem repeated)
  
Line 13 – I understand (something you know is true)
Line 14 – I say (something that you believe in)
Line 15 – I dream (something you actually dream about) 
Line 16 – I try (something you make an effort to do)
Line 17 – I hope (something you actually hope for)
Line 18 – I am (the first line of the poem repeated)

I Am Poem
by: Edna Soave

I am a stressed mom in a hurry.
I wonder why the alarm didn't go off.
I hear my children laughing.
I see mounds of toys all over the floor.
I want a beach vacation!
I am a stressed mom in a hurry.

I pretend to not be annoyed.
I feel the heat coming out of my pores.
I touch my heart to slow its beating.
I worry that I am running out of time.
I cry when I am overly stressed.
I am stressed mom in a hurry.

I understand that kids make messes.
I say how thankful I am that they are so happy.
I dream of the day when they can completely clean up after themselves.
I try to remember it’s just a phase.
I hope to find some time to relax.
I am a stressed mom in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment